MCI webinars – via Zoom
We use Zoom’s Virtual Classroom to facilitate all our course webinars.
Be system ready
- Read carefully through this Webinar Preparation Guide and ensure you meet all requirements, pass all tests and obtain a score of 3.0/5.0 or above.
- Run the Pre-Call Test in order to confirm your call quality before joining each webinar.
- Have a headset handy, as you’ll need it for the webinar.
Download Zoom onto your device
- Go to https://zoom.us/download
- Follow the download instructions
Joining a session
- Click on the link you will find in the relevant VLE section within your course.
- You will be asked to register by entering your name and your email address.
- If you haven’t already done so, you will be asked to download Zoom onto your computer.
- You can then join the meeting by clicking on the URL provided on the screen.
- A “Launching Screen” will appear – follow the instructions.
- Once the session starts, you will be asked to:
- Join with video – please click on this button
- You will then be asked to join with computer audio – please click on this button
- You have now joined the session – please note that you will be initially muted by default.
Participating in the session
- When you join the session, you will be muted by default – whilst you can unmute yourself, please leave your status set to mute – your tutor will unmute you to allow you to speak.
- To enable class participation, please open the Chat box (see picture above).
- Once the chat box is open, you can raise your hand to indicate you would like to ask a question. We will unmute you so you can ask your query.
- You can also type your question in the chat box at the bottom right (either privately or to the whole group).
- You can upload files to share with the group in the chat box in the bottom right hand corner.
- If the tutor uses the whiteboard during the session and invites you to participate, click on “View Options” at the top of your screen. Click on Annotate and an additional tool bar with annotation tools will open up. You can close the annotation tools at any time by clicking the X in the bar.
- Other options will be shared with you during your session.